学了这么多年英语,单词语法样样过关,一开口却还是忍不住露怯?别苦恼了,绝对是口语习惯的锅!今天小编为你总结了几个简单易懂,实用方便的美式英语的表达方式,赶快学习起来,变身native speaker吧!
Bomb
This term can be a bit confusing, as many different “bomb” slang expressions exist with very different meanings. Using bomb as an adjective, or using it with the word “the”, means that something is really good. However, or using “bomb” as a verb, has the opposite meaning: something went really badly. If you get confused whether “bomb” should be a good thing or a bad thing, just pay attention to context!
这个词可能会有点令人困惑,因为许多不同的bomb俚语表达有着非常不同的意思。把bomb作为形容词,或者将其与the连用,就可以表达某事某物非常好。但是,如果将bomb作动词使用时,它表示相反的意思:某事某物变得非常糟糕。如果你实在搞不清楚bomb到底是表达好事好物还是坏事坏物,你只需要注意情景就可以啦!
Positive:
I can’t wait to go to the barbeque: my friend makes a bomb hamburger.
我迫不及待想去参加烧烤聚会了,我的朋友能做超赞的汉堡。
I had a great time at the movies last weekend. That movie was the bomb.
上周末我去看电影了,玩得很开心。那部电影太赞了。
Negative:
Even though the movie looked good from the trailers, apparently it was a bomb.
尽管这部电影在预告片中看起来还不错,但是很明显它是一部烂片。
I bombed that test last week when I didn’t study at all.
我完全没有学习,上周的考试考砸了。
Cram
Study heavily right before a test.
“To cram something into something else” means to force it into a small space. You might, for instance, cram a water bottle into an already almost-full bag. Here, it’s your studying that you’re cramming into a small length of time.
为考试临阵磨枪。
to cram something into something else表示将该物强行塞进一个小空间内。例如,你可能会将一个水瓶塞进一个几乎要满的包内。在这里是指将大量的学习内容在较短的时间内塞进你的脑子里。
I haven’t been studying, so I need to really cram tonight.
我都没在学习,因此今晚我需要好好恶补一下。
While we’re on the subject, when talking about studying, be aware who you’re speaking with! Americans “review” material before a test, whereas British English speakers “revise.” Although British speakers understand “review”, “revise” has a very different meaning to Americans: to edit or change something, such as an essay.
当我们涉及这个话题谈论学习时,注意你是在跟谁说!美国人使用review表示考试前的复习,而英国人使用revise。尽管英国人明白review,但是revise对美国人来说有一个非常不同的意思,即编辑或者修订某物,比如说论文。
Cream someone
(also clobber, wipe the floor with)
To beat overwhelmingly, usually in a sports game. These are several expressions that mean exactly the same thing!
通常在体育比赛中表示彻底打败。有几个表达表示完全一样的意思。
We got creamed last night; the other team was way too good for us.
昨晚我们被彻底打败了,对方队比我们强多了。
The fans cheered as the home team clobbered the visiting team.
粉丝们欢呼雀跃,因为主场队完胜客场队。
We wiped the floor with them! (note, this expression is very strong)
我们彻底打败了他们!(注意了,这个表达过于强势)
Head honcho
The most important person or high-up boss within a group or company.
一个团队或公司的最重要人员或老板。
Be sure to dress professionally this week; some head honchos from headquarters will be in the office.
本周一定要着装正式点儿。总部会有几个大佬来我们办公室。
John Hancock
Signature.
John Hancock was a Founding Father of the United States who famously signed the Declaration of Independence in very large writing.
签名。
John Hancock是美国国父之一,他曾用巨大的签名签署了《美国独立宣言》。
Can I get your John Hancock on this waiver form?
你能在这张弃权声明书上签字吗?
Veg out
Stay lazy and inactive (pronounced like the first syllable of vegetable)
懒懒地待着不动(发音类似vegetable的第一个音节)。
I was so tired I decided just to veg out in front of the TV all day.
我太累了,于是乎决定全天在电视前躺着。(来源:cafeabcdaily)
国际在线教育频道